Sunday, September 3, 2017

If Horses Could Talk...

This is just going to be a quick, fun post since it is a holiday weekend and I'm musing today instead of working on bringing you all training insight. So, I hope you will enjoy.

Have you ever wondered what your horse would have to say if given the gift of (human) speech? I've had a few who would likely have some choice words, or a strong sense of sarcasm, if they had the opportunity. How about the mare who's constantly in season? Or those grumpy old geldings who never seem to like any of their stall neighbors?

"You want me to do what? Step into that puddle? Are you crazy?!"

"No, I don't remember what a leg yield is. I also don't have any idea about these 'lead' things you keep talking about. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure why you bother expecting me to listen at all!"

"Hey!! Are those treats?? Can I have some, can I, can I, can I??"

"Take that, Starbright!! A good bite on the neck ought to teach you not to try reaching over to eat out of my feeder! What's wrong with you, anyways? No wonder your Mom never wants to ride you!!"

I mean, can you imagine? Some years ago, I'll never forget looking out my kitchen window every morning around 4 o'clock after turning on the lights so I could make coffee, and having an entire row of impatient mares staring at me from their paddock awaiting their breakfast. In my head I'd thought up a voice for each of them, and I would chuckle at what I'd imagined them saying.

Horses are incredible creatures. They are sensitive, intelligent, amazing listeners and always seem to know how to make their humans feel better, no matter what's been going on in your life. I'm pretty sure most of them have a grand sense of humor as well. ;)

~SFTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated ~ Please be patient!
Your comments will appear as soon as possible! :)