Sunday, January 22, 2012

What a Weekend!

I almost can't wait for the proverbial "work week" to begin, just so I can get a little bit of rest!

But seriously, this has been quite the weekend and there wasn't even a show or competitive trail ride. After a full week of working horses and getting ready for our show season to begin next month, I headed off to Pasadena and the Rose Bowl Riders (where Buck Brannaman is doing a clinic in late February) for Equestrian Trails, Inc's 3rd Annual President's Luncheon at 8:30 AM on Saturday, then got back in time to get several horses worked lightly before I just couldn't take the wind anymore.

Last night I received a message from Under the Angel's Wings Rescue that they needed a horse moved ASAP so, me being me, I jumped right in and said SURE! Headed out the front gate at 7:30 AM, picked the mare up some 80 miles away, brought her back to Pinon Hills then headed off to ride horses in training. After yet another full day, I just got back inside to settle in for the night about 12 hours after I left. And I sometimes wonder where the time goes!! Running here, running there, never a dull moment.

I've been putting together our show schedule for the year and it looks to be another busy one. I'm going to be reviewing many of the show ring topics we've covered here as well, to see what should be updated and revised. There is so much subject matter I have written about, and I'm always seeking new things to add to old ideas. Plus if you have any suggestions, be sure to let me know!

On another note, come the first weekend in February, I have already mentioned the Horse Expo Pomona ~ Suzi Drnec Vilestra from Hobby Horse Clothing is doing a few seminars on show attire and fashion in the show ring. It should be a great time. If you're there, look me up! Shoot me an email and I'll keep an eye out for you, I'm going to be there all day, every day of the Expo.

And now it's time for dinner, a nice cup of hot chocolate and bed! Only to get up and do it all over again tomorrow. :)

~SFTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated ~ Please be patient!
Your comments will appear as soon as possible! :)