Thursday, December 24, 2009

Forums, Articles & Blogs...Oh My!

Today we're going to talk about online reading material. I know, some topic. ;) But the fact is, there are a number of really terrific places to read depending on what your interests are and what you like, as well as what you can tolerate. Some are terrific, some are good, some are bad, some are really bad.

Suffice it to say, I'm not going to get into the bad forums here, though TJM of Shame in the Horse Show Ring did a blog post about [both good and] bad forums in her opinion. I pretty much concur with her, though I could add a few real gems.

Of course, my favorite places are Arabian forums and there are two I frequent; Ablackhorse.com and the Ammy Army. Both revolve around discussions of the Arabian show ring, Ablackhorse is more for the passionate debates about the state of our industry and the promotion of our horses, while the Army is all about helping amateur owners condition, train and present their own horses in the show ring.

Another of my few favorite places to lurk are Chronicle of the Horse, Ultimate Dressage, Reining Talk, the Cutting Horse Forum and the Farrier & Hoofcare Resource Center.

There really aren't any general non-breed or discipline related forums I like, though there are a ton of them out there. Most are too cliquish for my liking, though I encourage you to go searching for a place you fit in to enjoy!

As for blogging, the hallmark of horse blogs is Fugly Horse of the Day. I also like the Mugwump Chronicles and Juli Thorson's Horse Talk. There are dozens more, but I just simply don't have time to search for more to read and no time to read all that anyhow! Often clients, friends and readers send me links but I still have a mile long list of both blogs and forums I haven't even had a chance to look at.

If you like, feel free to share other good places to talk horses. I'm sure many readers would love to know about sites where friendly, knowledgeable horse owners or trainers post or discuss the equines in their lives!

~SFTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated ~ Please be patient!
Your comments will appear as soon as possible! :)